Qualifying wind projects based on resource assessment at the development stage
In this set of webinars, UL experts will discuss the key aspects to consider in the preliminary stages for an onshore and offshore wind farm project; wind resource estimation, measurements, LIDAR usage, energy assessment, etc. During the various webinars, best practices will be explained while utilizing the most advanced tools and UL’s know-how. This series will also include a webinar about the release of Windographer v5 and its new features.
Webinar 1: Increase return on wind resource measurement campaigns with Windographer 5
Original broadcast: Sept. 16 2021 | View the on-demand video now!
Wind project development is growing rapidly all around the globe. While there are many sites available for wind energy development, some are more challenging to develop than others. As the size and complexity of projects increase, the right mix of technology, such as met towers and LIDARs, to measure the wind resource becomes critical for minimizing uncertainty in the expected energy production. Learn how Windographer 5 can help you gain the highest return on your measurement campaign investment and
- Learn about version 5’s must-have new features.
- See how Windographer is being use all around the world as the most globally accepted tool for data analysis.
- Understand how Windographer 5 can tackle the challenges facing the wind industry’s demand for more sophisticated analysis
- Receive a complimentary 6 week trial of version 5!
Webinar 2: The benefits of following IEC guidance for met mast and LIDAR wind measurement and data analysis
Original broadcast: Sept. 23 2021 | View the on-demand video now!
As wind farms are being built with bigger and bigger turbines, wind measurement met masts require more advanced configurations to gather resource behavior at these higher hub heights and wider rotor spans. The accuracy of the wind mast configuration, including equipment, calibration, location etc., has significant impacts on resource uncertainty which can affect financing.
- Learn how to configure wind masts to align better with new wind turbine heights.
- Discover how wind mast configuration (equipment, calibration, location) strongly impacts uncertainty and financing.
- Gain the guidance needed to improve campaign management and supervision.
Webinar 3: Must-have Openwind tools for optimizing offshore wind assessment
Oct. 13 2021 | 15:00 CEST
Openwind has proved for years to be the most advanced software for designing and optimizing wind turbine layouts for onshore wind projects. Offshore teams have been using its powerful engine and Cost of Energy Optimizer to design offshore wind farms all over the world. Now, key elements like platform, foundations, and cable costs together with sea platform depth layers can be combined with long term adjusted measurements and complex simulated wind resource grids to produce the best configuration for your offshore wind project layout.
- Gain insights on the most advanced methods in offshore wind resource measurement.
- Explore Openwind’s new offshore wind optimization features
- Learn critical points for wind project layout design
If you are unable to attend but are interested, please register for the webinar and you will receive the recorded video of the webinar after it is complete.